Day 15: 28 Day Happiness Challenge


Forgiveness. One of the hardest things to do in life is forgive.  Why?  Because our ego leads us to believe that if we forgive then what was done to us, said to us or what we did was okay to do.  So we wait for an apology from those that have wronged us, or continue to punish ourselves until we’ve learned our lesson.  We hold onto the anger, sadness, shame and guilt until our body becomes ill.  It can be difficult to forgive others for what they’ve done and even harder to forgive ourselves for something we’ve done.  Today's challenge is to practice forgiveness.  This doesn’t mean you have to go up to the person that hurt you and say I forgive you, it means you try and take a step back and place yourself in their shoes and try and imagine what experiences they had that lead to hurting you.  Or taking a look at your past and the decisions that you made to make a choice that you made.  Empathy can be hard for some who choose not to see another’s point of view, but when you choose to see their perspective you understand why certain choices were made and it is easier to forgive someone else actions including your own.  Forgiveness doesn’t make what happened okay or right, but it releases the power it had over you and changes it into gratitude for the lessons learned. If you are finding it difficult to forgive, revisit day 10 and day 14, you can also use the included tapping meditation on forgiveness.

Before you tap, read through the meditation, rate how true the words are for you on a scale of 0-10, 0 being not true at all and 10 being extremely true.
Side of the hand (set up statement repeat three times) - Even though (insert what you can't forgive) I deeply and completely Love, Accept how I feel.
Eyebrow - There is no way I can forgive (insert person or yourself)
Side of the eye - what was done was so wrong
Under the eye - I can't believe it happened
Under the nose - He/she/I doesn't deserve forgiveness for what happened 
Chin point - I don't want to forgive
Collarbone - I cannot forgive 
Under the arm - there is no way I am ever going to forgive (he/she /me) for what happened 
Top of the head - I will not forgive
Repeat the above 3 times using words that suit you best.  Then take a deep breath. Where is your number on the scale now? Tap again using the words below.

Side of the hand (set up statement repeat three times) - Even though (insert what happened) I deeply and completely Love, Accept, and forgive myself and the person envolved.
Eyebrow - I am open to forgiving (insert person or yourself)
Side of the eye - what was done was wrong
Under the eye - but I can't hold on to it anymore
Under the nose - I choose to forgive 
Chin point - I am open to letting this event go
Collarbone - I release this event from my mind
Under the arm -  I choose to not let this event/person have control anymore

Top of the head - I choose to forgive

Repeat the above three times and take a deep breath. Repeat more if necessary, until you feel a release.

Peace, Love and Gratitude

Did you miss Day 14? Click here to read!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Motherhood

Day 1: 28 day Happiness Challenge

Day 2: 28 Day Happiness Challenge