Unfinished Projects Part II: Getting started on finishing

I thought it would be interesting to document my process of finishing my unfinished projects.  I actually have several unfinished projects and like I said in the last post, I have gone through them once before.  Getting rid of things that no longer brought me joy or didn't like to begin with, and kept the ones I really liked and did want eventually finish.  I did finish some of those projects and it felt great, but then I lost steam and left others still unfinished. 

So I went and looked at what I still have left to finish.  Not too much and I really have no excuses as I just have my sewing machine serviced and everything is super easy to do, just a matter of sitting down and doing it.

One project that I have left are 6 rag dolls that just need hair and faces.  I had started them with the intent of using them as multi cultural dolls for the day care I worked for at the time.  That was over 5 years ago, and now I work as a children's librarian.  I still want to finish them, with the intent that they will go to a good home.  So if you see one you like, comment and I will finish it for you and send it to you.  Knowing it is going to some one will give me incentive to finish. See picture for what they look like.

Another project I kept is potluck carriers.  I have them all cut out and just need to sew them together.  Again I had these when I was doing craft shows a while back and made them as gifts, but now there is just not any incentive to finish.  Yet I don't have any other use for the fabric.  So if you are in need of a nice potluck carrier that fits large bowls and 9 x 13 baking dishes, please comment  and I will finish it for you and send it to you. See picture for the colors I have left and the finished product.  The finished one is the first one I made and is one I use but the handles for the rest will be in the opposite direction for easier access.

The last project is another one I started while I was going to craft shows and I had been collecting/ recycling hand towels to make into bibs.  While I could just use or donate the hand towels, I still plan an making them into bibs and giving them to those who are in need of a good bib.  My kids always ripped off the Velcro bibs, so these over the head bibs always worked best for us.  If your child or a child you know would like a bib, please comment and I will finish and send you one.  See picture for the array of towels that will be made into bibs.




Last is my book, which I believe will take more time than the above projects, but is last on the list because these other project have been sitting for longer just waiting to be done.  I have not stopped working on my art necessarily, I am working on technique and finding out the style I enjoy and like best.  Which could change up some of the pictures I have already made.  I will be setting aside time just for finishing this project and will keep you updated.

All of these projects carry some weight to them that I have held onto over the years, adding stress to my days whether I acknowledged it or not, perhaps only subconsciously.  By working on and finishing old projects, this will allow for more creative flow and new opportunities to come into my life.  I believe I am ready for that.

Thank you for reading,

Peace Love and Gratitude 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Motherhood

Day 1: 28 day Happiness Challenge

Day 10: 28 Day Happiness Challenge