Clearing Creative Clutter

If you're creative like me, you probably have a few unfinished projects around the house. Creative clutter weighs down on you, sometimes to the point of depression where you can't even do what you used to enjoy. There are simple ways you can go about cleaning up your creative clutter so that you have room for inspiration and opportunities to arise in your life.

Image result for crochet fabric rugOne of the first things you can do to help clear the creative clutter is is get out every unfinished project and set it in front of you.  Now I know this can be quite a task, I had a room full of them when I did this the first time. I was overwhelmed at the amount I had stored away over the years.  Well over 20 projects that I had started or bought stuff for and never started.

Then you take each project and inspect it with love. Touch every piece of the unfinished item. Ask yourself why you started it, was if for someone or something.  Remember the feelings you had when you begun the project or bought the items.  You could have been excited, overwhelmed, or even full of guilt and regret.  Allow yourself to feel those feelings again.

If your project gave you joy and excitement keep it with the intention to finish it.  If the project gave you any negative feeling, toss it, or donate it.  I realize this is asking a lot, you did spend a lot of money on all the supplies, but trust me let it go.  I cannot describe to you in enough detail about how good you will feel knowing it is no longer sitting at your house.  Those supplies deserve to be used or at the very least (if it can't be donated) thanked for it's service and tossed in the garbage. I was able to bring my unfinished projects down to 8 projects.

Once you have donated or tossed your unfinished projects, prioritize the projects that you have left to finish. Make an effort not to start a new project until you have finished your unfinished items.  Then pick up where you left off and finish your projects.  I would love to see your work!  Post your pictures of your unfinished projects as well as those that you've now finished.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Motherhood

Day 1: 28 day Happiness Challenge

Day 2: 28 Day Happiness Challenge