Gratitude

Gratitude, a way of giving thanks and appreciating all that you have currently and all that is coming into your life.  It is the easiest and highest forms of prayer.  I started incorporating gratitude into my everyday life 10 years ago and it changed my life. 

Image result for gratitudeI was not necessarily a super positive person, in fact I had always found everything difficult or challenging, but when it came to others I was always good at giving pep talks to others or lifting their spirits. So I started simply.  I started posting my gratitude list on Facebook 10 years ago.  I would also invite others to post theirs.

So how did posting my gratitude list change my life? On good days it was easy to come up with what I was grateful for, it was the bad days, the days that everything went wrong or I didn't feel well were the challenging ones.  They were also the ones that changed how I saw my life.  Coming up with something to appreciate on a day when you have every right to feel low and angry changes your perspective on the day.  Maybe the day wasn't so bad.  Having gratitude for the little things throughout your day forces you to look for the good on not so great days. 

After 10 years for writing down my gratitude, I can say that I rarely have a bad day.  Even if I do have a day that I thought could have gone better, it was still a good day.  I wake up joyful and positive for each new day and what it may hold.  If I see that my day is not going so well, I do my best to turn it around by looking for the good that is happening.

If you have more bad and awful days than you have good days, I encourage you to start journaling 3 to 5 things that you are grateful for each day.  It makes for a great evening ritual to go through your day and list all the things that made you smile, brought you joy or that you truly appreciate. So what are you grateful for today?


Thank you for reading my ramblings,

Peace, Love and Gratitude

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 1: 28 day Happiness Challenge

Motherhood

Day 2: 28 Day Happiness Challenge